September 27, 2008

Birthday Pictures

Before the pictures, I forgot to mention in the last post that Marcel is very proud of me after lunch today. I'm a very picky eater and somehow something came up about having to eat something 3 times before deciding if you like it or not. So, he decided that was our new rule, 3 bites of everything for MaryBeth. Today I had 3 bites of clam chowder, which I said I didn't like before the 3 bites, and still don't like. Also we ordered a sampler plate of the brewery's 7 beers because we are both afraid of ordering a normal size drink and then not liking it, and I tried each one. There were a few of them that I could tolerate but none that I really liked and I won't be trying beer again in the near future. But I still passed the 3 taste (or drink!) test and got many props from my absolutely loving boyfriend who spoiled me rotten this weekend!

Okay, now for the pictures!

After the sunrise, I practically ran back to the car because my feet were freezing. Marcel stayed behind to get a picture of me in the sun. It turned out beautifully if you ask me...





The sand dune. I don't think any of the pictures we took of it does it any justice for how hard it was. Oh well, we know what a stuggle we overcame together.



At the top of the dune, proud of each other for motivating the other to finish!
My "yucky" face. I wasn't happy with much of the beer, but tried anyway. Also, should let you know that Marcel took nearly 50 pictures of me eating lunch (and I didn't realize it for most of them) so this is the one I'm choosing to include. If he ever wanted to post, he could show you all those other pictures, but I'm not going to do that to myself.


My goofy boyfriend, but I still consider myself very lucky to get to call him mine :)

Marcel Drew + MaryBeth = FAEA
Forever And Ever Always

2 comments:

McClains said...

Love the pictures, I am glad you had a great birthday! (and that you got so spoiled!)

Teri said...

Yay Marybeth super cute! How fun is that Gracie shares your birthday?!? I will never forget either of your special days. Looks like you guys had lots of fun and I am glad Marcel spoils you... it's so fun!!