September 27, 2008

23rd Birthday at Pacific City

To celebrate my 23rd birthday--September 26 (yes, I'm the older one in the relationship!), me and Marcel headed down to Pacific City, the first beach I ever visited once at school in Oregon. We left Forest Grove late Friday night and made it there around 10pm--after a quick check to make sure we weren't lost. 8 hours later, yes I was up at 6am, we got up and drove to the beach to sit out and watch the sunrise. We sat facing the water so didn't see the sunrise but were still amazed by the changing scenery and God's creation with each minute we sat there.

The real "reason" for the trip was to climb the sand dune. I did it 4 years ago on my first trip to the beach, and remembered it being hard, but this time it was difficult. It was very good motivation to get my butt moving again :)

We had a great walk along the beach and writing in the sand and Marcel was a fantastic photographer. He always goes over board with pictures, but this time he even out did himself: 735 pictures and a handful of video clips. I'll update the post in the near future with photos, but because I have so many to go through it will take some time and we are headed out for one more birthday event--a movie date! I didn't have this blog on Marcel's birthday, but when he was growing up he had a birthday month (April) until his little brother was born (in the same month!) so he was demoted to half month, but since I was raised on only a birthDAY we compromised on 5 birthDAYs, so since Monday I have been able to use "but it's my birthday" whenever I feel like it.

I had a great time at the beach and overall had an amazing 23rd birthday. I wasn't very excited to turn 23 but for the almost 2 days that I have been 23 it has been perfect!

A teaser for the many more pictures to come!
Me and Marcel sitting on the beach during the sunrise, bundled up (I had 3 jackets on!) and enjoying each other's company...

No comments: