November 2, 2008

Halloween

This year is the first time in the three Halloweens that me and Marcel have been together that we have actually decided to celebrate/acknowledge the holiday. We didn't go look for costumes until the 29th and it was STRESSFUL! I didn't find anything I liked and the thought of going out scared me, because it isn't quite my scene. After another trip to the costume shop and two stops to Jo-anne's we had all the materials we needed for some unique homemade costumes (explained below). We didn't end up going out. Instead we took Snoh (Marcel's little brother) trick or treating, went to a party hosted by the pastor who will be marrying us in less than 7 months!, and went back home and watched movies. It might not be the most Halloween thing we could have done but we were together and that was the most important thing to us!

Dorothy and the Jalapeno



Brothers trick or treating--Snoh was Buzz Lightyear

A more complete look at Dorothy--even with red shoes


Saturday we babysat Snoh and some of his cousins
It was like playing mom and dad for the weekend :)

The apartment squirrel that attacked me--
he climbed up to my hip before I could shake him off!

MaryBeth & Coco--mother-in-law to-be!


Brotherly love during game night!

1 comment:

StaceyNicole said...

I love love your costumes.....Marcel takes the cake, id say the best costume I saw this year!! SO GREAT! Glad you celebrated...its always fun to change it up a little!