November 8, 2008

I'm a Working Woman

I have made it through my first full week of work at both jobs. As of now, I'm enjoying both of them very much and can't wait too see how they'll both turn out.

24 Hour Fitness is very low-key. Basically I baby-sit kids for up to 2 hours while their parents are working out, something I need to start doing again, now that I have a free membership there! I will be working the evening shift there (the gym never closes but Kid's Club does at 8:30pm) so I'll be getting a whole new bunch of kids than who I've met this week in the mornings. Also, even though it's only part-time I am eligible for health insurance benefits. It is very nice to have a job with a uniform of a provided top and any black athletic pants I choose and tennis shoes. Talk about comfy :)

Banana Republic is right up my alley. I am what they call a "Non-sell" or "Stock Associate" which means my main responsibility is working shipment days (Thursdays 7am!) to unload the boxes and individually wrapped items. Also, I work behind the scenes organizing the back stock into neat piles of matching items in size order. Everything I do there is about organization which probably one of my strongest personality trait. The uniform is far from the one at 24HF, but I've always (well since about high school) enjoyed dressing up but rarely have an excuse to do so, so it has been nice so far to get that chance. I'm excited to be starting there just a few weeks before Thanksgiving to give me a chance to get my head wrapped around the place before we get super-duper busy.

No comments: