October 28, 2008

Vacation Recap

I have been back for about a day now after 5 days in Chanute, Kansas where my littlest sister Hannah has been living since summer. The town is very small, without much to do, but we kept plenty busy!

A small recap:
6 trips to Wal-Mart
5 new people I met--the family Hannah lived with before moving to Chanute
4 trips to Sonic for happy hour
3 nights watching movies
2 hour drive between the airport and Chanute
1 great visit

Also, not included:
*staying in Topeka for a day in the big city
*Neosho County Community College baseball World Series Game 1
*visiting a nursing home (it makes sense, trust me!)
*shopping at Maurices, my favorite store ever, which is too far away from me now
*late nights and late mornings without setting alarms

Mom, thanks for a great birthday trip! It was a blast. Hannah, thank you so much for letting us invade your apartment and even giving up your bed for us! Also, you are a pretty good gift idea giver--I never would have thought to ask for a trip to Kansas, but I had an absolute blast!

No comments: