January 26, 2009

Month Overdue

I feel like I've always done pretty well about keeping my blog up-to-date, but somehow this month has just gotten away from me. I blame it on the fact that the month has been just pretty average.

I'm still working 2 part-time jobs just barely enough to cover expenses. It's definitely teaching me to watch my money more carefully, a skill I already claimed to have, but am learning so much better! The one thing I'm not enjoying about my work situation is the common 4 hour windows in between my shifts. Do I go back to Forest Grove or stay out near my jobs; is it enough time to justify the drive or not?

Wedding planning is fitting in my life here and there. We've met with catering and still don't have a menu, talked with the florist and it opened up question after question about the big day. Marcel has written his vows already, and I haven't started. Invitations have been designed, now onto printing and hand-making them, something I'm really looking forward to! We have plane tickets for our honeymoon. That list makes me feel very accomplished, so I don't want to think about everything else we have left to do. Marcel and I are both trying to find a happy balance on what we want and don't want (we don't want frilly, floofy, fluffy, the 3 F-words). We've decided that we really just care about writing our own vows and attire and although we do realize other things are important we don't want the stress of it.

On a more positive note, I'm finding great joy in scrapbooking our journey. I want to have our 3 years (well it is officially 3 years 8 days before our wedding) scrapbooked to have at our wedding--that's my goal and so far I'm doing really well. The amount of pictures Marcel has been taking of each event has drastically decreased since my birthday and the proposal so it should be getting quicker and quicker to complete.

No comments: