February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009

Marcel and I realized that this was the first time in 3 years that we've actually spent Valentine's Day together. Last year I got to play with dead people (I was in the cadaver lab as part of my anatomy class) and I can't remember our first one. We had a marathon day planned out, as I was getting my Super Bowl bet as well as a Valentine's date, but Marcel ended up leading worship that morning and I also ended up taking an open shift at the gym. By the time we were date-ready, it was much later than we had planned.

Our day ended up looking like this:
*Lunch at Olive Garden--a place we love but rarely go to because it's too far from Forest Grove
*Trying to find the ice skating rink--we ended up finding it just as public skate time ended
*Movie--we just showed up at the theater hoping to see He's Just Not That Into You, and luckily enough, we were just a few minutes early!
*My vow writing while Marcel was at a school basketball game
*Marcel opened my small gift for him (the whole day was my present)
*We postponed McMenamin's Soaking Pool until tonight, so our Valentine's Day still isn't over!

Me at the computer working on draft #2 of my vows

We're not very good at taking pictures at places anymore, but this is after a great day of being together
Marcel enjoying "Slate" cologne from Banana Republic
a favorite of both of ours
Kissy faces, I'm trying to make mine a perfect circle like Marcel's

No comments: