December 14, 2008

Zoo Lights

Saturday night Marcel and I braved the "Arctic Chill" as the news has been calling it and went to experience Zoo Lights for the first time. We had had it planned for that night before the snow and freezing temperatures and we decided to go through with it anyway. It was a nice 35 degrees but no precipation.

This was me after dressing warm, including 5 layers on top (that includes a 2 layer jacket) and leggings (a pair of my 24 HR Fitness work pants) and jeans on bottom. My one regret was that I forgot to switch to my soft fluffy warm socks.


We spent a long time in line in order to ride a:
to see the entire zoo in lights. We weren't very good photographers while on the train but it was still beautiful and definitely worth the wait in the cold, without hot chocolate because I had just deposited all my cash--it's too dangerous to carry around!


The only animal we saw in person was a
and we even saw one that was just 4 months old. See



Here are some of my favorites of our artwork.







Overall it was great night and a great date before Marcel heads back to Washington for Christmas break...just in time to return to Forest Grove with his mom and brother for Christmas here with me before our quick trip to Idaho (in which we'll do Christmas and also leave him on his own so I can go wedding dress shopping!)

No comments: