March 1, 2009

Marcel Drew, my love

Today we had a pre-marital counseling session on a Sunday morning where I work, so our morning looked like this: Marcel drops me off at work, goes to church alone, finds stuff to kill almost an hour and a half (sometimes its 2 hours) before coming to pick me back up.

Today, he went to the Goodwill Outlet store near my work, and when he picked me up this is what our conversation mostly went like:

"I went to that Goodwill store today and met a really nice black lady from Forest Grove." (In this area you don't see many different races)

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah, and she had bought a lot of stuff and was taking the bus back to town (FYI: I give myself about 30 minutes to drive to work, so on the bus it would be even longer),
so I offered to bring her stuff to her."

"Stories like that make me wanna cry!"

Well after counseling--on money, it was a fun one!-- Marcel took a weird turn, all because he was the one to remember we had a stranger's things in my trunk. We got to her house and she invited us in, and was very disappointed that we couldn't stay longer than just meeting her family. Marcel has her phone number and strict orders for us to come by soon!


I know it before this event today, but my fiance (and husband in 90 days!) is an amazing person. He takes simple actions and turns them into a way of showing God to others. It wasn't out of our way to stop by her house, but he would have done it anyway, because it was such an easy way to help someone in need. I just have to say that I love him more now because of my realization!

No comments: